Passport and visa requirements
Invitation letter for visa purposes can only be issued to people who have completed the registration process and paid the registration fee.
Visitors from non-EU countries must possess a passport valid for at least three months longer than the planned date of departure from Italy. Participants requiring a visa should apply immediately to the consular office or embassy of Italy in their home country in order to avoid inconvenience. Please note that the visa application process can take up to 6 weeks.
For more detailed information please see the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Italy.
The Symposium Secretariat assists delegates by processing the official invitation on request. This letter do not commit the Local Organiser to any financial obligation.
Official invitation by Symposium Organiser – required information:
- Your full name
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Country of citizenship (country which issued your passport)
- Passport number
- Date of expiry of your passport
Conditions for the issuance of the invitation letter by the Symposium Organiser are as follows:
- Payment of registration fee
In case the embassy requires the original invitation letter, we can arrange two delivery methods:
1) Regular post – free of charge, however the delivery cannot be guaranteed as there is no way to track the delivery. The organisers shall not be held responsible or liable for any delay or failure in delivery.
2) Express delivery service (FedEx, DHL) – the fee shall be covered by the participant in advance, together with the symposium fee. The express delivery fee is 30 – 60 EUR, depending on country of delivery. The organiser strongly recommends using the latter as it is faster and enables the delivery to be tracked (using a tracking number).
The invitation letter should be presented at the Italian embassy in your country in order to receive Visa for the symposium.
We strongly advise you to apply at least one month prior the symposium.